U Kyaw Swa Myint obtained the licensed of Advocate since 2004 and has over (14) years litigation experiences as court lawyers for both criminal and civil cases and civil execution cases at different level of Courts.
He has been working in international law firms in Myanmar since 2012, with a strong focus on taxation. He also provides services on related Myanmar corporate laws and has facilitated discussions with high level government officers for investment in Myanmar.
U Kyaw Swa Myint also worked as a government servant in the Administrative Office and Township Court from 1988 to 1990.
Notable Cases & Transactions
- Assisted in the filing of personal income tax, company income tax, commercial tax, withholding tax (WHT) for local and foreign companies, NGOs and INGOs. Some examples include a Swiss IT company, a Malaysia Bank, a branch of a US company and a Denmark brewery company.
- Provided tax consulting including the processing of personal income tax and corporate income tax for international and local companies.
- Assisted in the tax exemption and relief application for a UK oil and gas company and international airline companies.
- Assisted in the tax appeal and refund for a UK oil and gas company.
- Assisted in the stamp duty payment and company’s contracts of an international telecommunications company.
Real Estate and Construction
- Assisted a foreign company in the land lease agreement preparation and registration for the documents registration office and conducted a due diligence exercise.
- Assisted local companies in the application of required documents and maps by YCDC and the Land Record Departments.
- Assisted international telecommunications companies with stamp duty payments for land lease agreements.
- Preparing employment contracts and employment manuals that comply with Myanmar Law for German, Luxemburg and Denmark companies.
- Applying and dealing with government labour officers.
- Assisting with employment registration at the labour office in Myanmar.
Restructuring & Insolvency
- Assisted in the liquidation of both local and foreign companies.
- Assisting in the structuring and establishment of new 100% foreign owned companies, Myanmar companies, branches, subsidiaries and joint ventures. In particular, assisting in the preparation of documents and application at DICA/MIC for foreign companies.
- Assisted in foreign owned trade mark agreement preparation, registration at the Documents Register Office, public advertisement and newspaper announcements.